Reception to Year 6 start and end of day procedures:
- We operate a soft opening and close system for the start and end of each day.
- Doors are opened at 8.40am and will close at 8.55am. Children can be dropped off at any point during these times.
- Reception children should be taken to the Early Years gate and Kay Stage 1 and 2 children to the main playground.
- A member of staff is always available for families to speak to each morning.
- Children are dismissed between 3.15pm and 3.30pm. Again, children can be collected at any point during these times.
- Reception children should be collected from the Early Years gate and Key Stage 1 and 2 children from the main playground.
- All children have a morning playtime every day.
- Children in Reception, Years 1 and Years 2 are offered a piece of fruit each day.
- Children in Key Stage 1 and 2 can bring in a healthy snack to take outside.
- Children under 5 are offered milk each day. After your child's fifth birthday milk can be purchased through 'Cool Milk' Please contact the school office for more information.
- Reception children have lunch between 11.45-12.45pm each day.
- Children in Key Stage 1 & Key Stage 2 have staggered lunches between 12pm and 1.05pm
- We offer a hot meal each day, cooked on site in our school kitchen. See our 'School meals' tab for more information.
Children in Reception to Year 6 attend school for 32.5 hours per week (this includes playtime and lunch)
- Our Nursery provision is available in three different ways -
- Universal entitlement - all children are entitled to 15 hours of Nursery provision the September after they are 3. This is always offered in a morning.
- 30 hours entitlement - some children are entitled to 30 hours Nursery provision if they meet the Department for Education's criteria. This means they stay in school for the afternoon session. More information regarding eligibility and applying is available on the gov.uk website
- Additional paid hours - we have limited availability for families to pay for additional afternoon sessions to top up their universal 15 hour entitlement.
- A morning session is 8.45am to 11.45am
- An afternoon session is 12.15pm - 3.15pm
- Lunchtime is 11.45-12.15pm. All children must bring a packed lunch. Hot meals are not currently available for Nursery pupils.